英文诗歌:Old Black Joe
ld Black Joe
(1)
Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay;那些心头年轻、无忧无虑的日子已离我远去
Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away;我的伙伴也离开了棉花田
Gone from the earth to a better land I know,离开这里到一个更好的地方,我知道
I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!" 我听见他们柔声呼唤
(Refrain:) I'm coming, I'm coming, for my head is bending low;?老黑乔!?(反复)
I hear their gentle voices calling,我来了,我来了,因为我的头渐渐低垂;
"Old Black Joe!" 我听见他们柔声呼唤?老黑乔!?
(2)
Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain? 我为何哭泣,我心并不悲伤?
Why do I sigh that my friends come not again? 我为何要叹息伙伴不复来?
Grieving for forms now departed long ago,只为怀念早已逝去的人,
I hear their gentle voices calling,我听见他们柔声呼唤
"Old Black Joe!"?老黑乔!?
(3)
Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free? 昔日快乐无羁的人们,如今安在?
The children so dear that I held upon my knee? 还有,我抱在膝上可爱的小家伙?
Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go,他们都已到了我灵魂所渴望去的海岸,
I hear their gentle voices calling,我听见他们柔声呼唤
"Old Black Joe!"?老黑乔!?
by Stephen C. Foster, 1826-1864